As a hardscape crew leader your responsibilities are to be on time to work, have your own transportation to and from work, wear your provided uniform and all safety equipment at all times, maintain a CDL class A license with a clean driving record, as well as be honest and hardworking.
Job duties will include the following:
- Read plans and contracts and run crew to efficiently complete project. Will be responsible for up to 3 laborers.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and walk across many types of terrain and elevations.
- Able to pick up and carry 80 pounds repeatedly and 100 pounds or more on occasion.
- Assist crew in installing plants, trees, mulch, rock, topsoil, segmental retaining walls, paver patios, water features, and all other aspects of landscape construction.
- Ability to operate a larger truck with air brakes and roll off bodies
- Able to properly hook up, transport and maneuver trailers on public roadways and jobsites, as well as load, unload and properly secure all cargo.
- Operate skid steer loaders, backhoes, excavators, and all manner of heavy equipment and properly lubricate and maintain said equipment.
- Able to operate gas powered saws, blowers, weed trimmers, grinders, etc.
- Keep truck cab, bed, and trailer clean and organized for optimum efficiency.
- Keep work site clean by picking up trash, sweeping pavement, and spraying off dirt.
- Maintain communication with foreman at all times on the expected outcome of the day and deadlines that must be met.
Rate of pay $13.00 to $16.00 (based on experience)